Sunday, July 20, 2014

Here it goes...

Not sure where I want this blogging thing to take me, but I have tons of thoughts that occupy the space between my ears and I've always enjoyed writing, so here I am.  I am notorious for run-on sentences though, so let that be you're warning.
Words, whether they truthful or not seem to have an everlasting affect on us.  No matter how many years go by, you still remember.  Unfortunately, I've got the memory of an elephant because I remember everything!  A blessing for important things, yes, however, sometimes feels like a curse as the negative things are there too.  
Today in church, my pastor talked about words and our tongues being the strongest weapon we possess.  Because whether we are speaking about ourselves or our friends/family...our words still affect us.  They can hurt and destroy or they can build us up and encourage us...
Pastor Jesse also went on to include a story that was shared on our church Facebook page recently...."The Tale of Two Wolves."  The story is about an old Cherokee telling his grandson about a battle that goes on inside of people....

He said, ‘My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed,  resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.  The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy and truth.’  The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ‘Which wolf wins?’  The old Cherokee simply replied, ‘The one you feed.’  -Author Unknown
Ezekiel 36:26  "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh..." 

After hearing that verse today, I made a choice. 
Despite what's happened to me in my past, I have a choice on how it plays out in my future.  You have that same choice, too!
If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, ask Him to come into your life and heal your heart.  I am a work in progress, but I am constantly learning, growing and evolving into the woman God has designed me to be.  He has a perfect plan for me...He has a plan for you, too! You just have to be open to receiving it!  

Until next time...
Be Blessed, Ya'll! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment